About your Surgeon – Mr Niruben Rajasagaram
Mr Niruben Rajasagaram is a Consultant Bariatric, Oesophago-gastric & General surgeon who has extensive knowledge in advanced laparoendoscopic surgery. He studied medicine at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Since finishing his internship he has been training in general surgery, and has up to 14 years of general surgery experience behind him. He obtained his membership to the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland (MRCS) in 2004 and then went on to graduate as a Consultant General surgeon obtaining his Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2011.
Furthering his career and his aim to be a specialist surgeon he went on to do 4 years of fellowship in bariatric, upper gastrointestinal and advanced biliary surgery. He chose to do 3 of the 4 years of his specialisation in Melbourne (Western hospital, Alfred hospital & St Vincents Melbourne). This has helped him become well abreast of the demographics of the disease process that is specific to our population.
In addition he has also completed the Australian New Zealand Gastro-Oesophageal Surgery Association (ANZGOSA) training program and satisfied the standards of the Gastroenterological Society of Australia for gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
- 2016 ANZGOSA Travelling Fellow(ISDE Singapore)
- 2015 ANZGOSA Travelling Fellow (1st ASEAN Upper GI surgical conference, Kuala Lumpur)
- 2014 OSSANZ Travelling Fellow (International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders, Toronto)
- 1996 to 2001 Academic scholarship undergraduate medical degree (Dublin, Ireland)
- Academic Titles
- Lecturer school of medicine Griffith University, QLD 2013-2016
- Senior teaching fellow school of medicine Bond University, QLD 2013
He has been a clinical examiner for the Part 1 FRACS as well as an examiner for medical students.
He has been active in publications and presentations.
He has been an invited speaker at the Upper Gastrointestinal section of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Annual scientific Congress in Singapore in 2014 on the topic of Anti-reflux Surgery “Which Wrap & When”.
He is currently a reviewer for the the Obesity Surgery journal.
Mr Niruben Rajasagaram is committed to providing a standard of excellence in his service to his patients and the community.